New Year, New You!
I always find that when a New Year comes along, I get so many enquires about what people can do to kick start their health, how can they lose some extra kilos, get more energy and just feel great overall. The answer is DETOX!
Why do a detox?
Our body naturally detoxes daily however environmental and dietary stressors in normal everyday life can start to build up and our bodies ability to get rid of these toxins hinders and becomes overwhelmed making you feel tired, sluggish, run down and sometimes even unwell. With more than 2,000 new chemicals being produced every year in our soil, air, water and food supply; exposure to toxicity is an unfortunate yet unavoidable way of life.
How to reduce the toxic load on the body:
Things you can do to help your body naturally detox:
- Epsom salt baths to help encourage the elimination of toxins through the skin.
- Sauna especially an Infrared Sauna is a great way to relax and a very effective way to help eliminate toxins through the skin.
- Lymphatic drainage massage is a specialised technique that stimulates lymph flow and assists in the removal of fluid and wastes.
- Keep moving! Aim for 30 to 40 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic exercise three or four times a week, plus one or two strength training sessions.
- Dry skin brushing before your shower for 5 to10 minutes each day can aid toxin elimination via the skin.
- Reduce toxic emotions and stress by reading positive affirmations that inspire you to fight off negative thoughts.
As a Naturopath I offer a 3-week practitioner detox program designed to kick start your return to optimal health. This program aims to:
- Reduce toxic accumulation through diet, skin brushing, Epsom salt baths and gentle exercise.
- Support the bowel with herbal and nutritional strategies aimed at improving the balance of good bacteria in the bowel and preventing the reabsorption of toxins.
- Aid liver detoxification by using herbal and nutritional supplements that support the two phases of liver detoxification.
- Repair and regenerate the body by using specific herbal and nutritional supplements along with dietary strategies designed to enhance the repair and regeneration of the body.
- It also comes with a booklet filled with meal plans, healthy recipes and lifestyle recommendations.
- Infrared Sauna and Lymphatic drainage massage can be added on as additional extras to the program.
Because this is a practitioner only program you know you will be getting the highest quality products, you will get results and feel incredibly healthy! Get motivated and organised when it comes to your food, you’re encouraged to do plenty of juicing and eat loads of the good stuff… Vegetables!! No fasting and definitely no starving!
The best thing about doing a program like this is you learn new habits! Learning new habits is so important to future health, also changing your pallet and teaching the body to crave the good stuff. It’s so easy to be healthy once you know how!
More energy, perhaps you’ve lost a bit of weight, your skin is glowing, hey you may even sleep better!
So, start your New Year and give your body the kick start to health it’s longing for!